CZI EOSS Grant for D&I Work Funded

Hello all -

Curii has received an add-on grant to our existing CZI EOSS grant for working on diversity and inclusion in the CWL Project.

" Common Workflow Language (Growing a Diverse and Inclusive Workflow Ecosystem with CWL - Chan Zuckerberg Initiative) is a standard for describing biomedical analysis workflows and enabling reproducible research. The grant will support hiring a community engineer who will provide software engineering to support community members, mentoring internships via Outreachy, and updating code and documentation to make them more user friendly and accessible. *(Sarah Wait Zaranek at the Curii Corporation)"

Here is more about the CZI D&I Grant: CZI Awards $16 Million for Open Source Software Tools - News

Article on Medium featuring the award: Advancing Diversity and Inclusion in Scientific Open Source | by Chan Zuckerberg Science Initiative | Aug, 2021 | Medium
Grant on Zenodo: Growing a Diverse and InclusiveWorkflow Ecosystem with CWL | Zenodo

Please let me know if you have any questions, comments or suggestions on how we can use this grant funding beyond the stated work.

Cheers,
Sarah

2 Likes