Post edit timer

Hi everyone!

There seems to be a timer which determines if a post can still be edited. Right now i would like to edit a post where i included a faulty cwl-snippet, either by correcting it or by putting a disclaimer in front. Just to make sure potential future readers don’t waste their time trying to understand my bad advice.

Would you admins mind disabling the timer? Or is it intentional?

Best Regards,
Tom

Hey Tom,

Most everything is at the Discourse default. Below are the post editing related settings and their current values.

I think you’re asking to change the post edit time limit from 1440 minutes (24 hours) to something higher, yes?

editing grace period

For (n) seconds after posting, editing will not create a new version in the post history.

editing grace period max diff

Maximum number of character changes allowed in editing grace period, if more changed store another post revision (trust level 0 and 1)

editing grace period max diff high trust

Maximum number of character changes allowed in editing grace period, if more changed store another post revision (trust level 2 and up)

post edit time limit

A tl0 or tl1 author can edit their post for (n) minutes after posting. Set to 0 for forever.

tl2 post edit time limit

A tl2+ author can edit their post for (n) minutes after posting. Set to 0 for forever.

edit history visible to public

Allow everyone to see previous versions of an edited post. When disabled, only staff members can view.

Yes

max edits per day

Maximum number of edits per user per day.

Or you can get yourself to Trust Level 2 which allows editing all your own posts within the last 30 days; though we have neither 100 posts nor 20 topics yet.

Thank you for the quick response! I would generally advocate for setting the post edit time limit to 0 since i can’t see any downside to it. However, i assume the trust level system will alleviate the problem over time.

Cheers,
Tom

Sure, we’ll test out a 30 day edit window for everyone

1 Like